Skip to main content

My Son Was Tortured To Dead ,68 Year Old Retired Police Officer Testify Before Judicial Commission Of Inquiry


 



A 68 year old Retired Police Officer, Elder Sunday  Udoh, who said his son was unlawfully murdered by Disbanded SARS Operatives  on the 6th of July, 2017, have demanded that the corpse of his son Nsikan  Udoh be released to him for a proper burial.

Elder Udoh while testifying before the State Judicial Commission of Inquiry on Police Brutality, narrated that his 30 years old son whose life was cut short was  arrested on  July 5, 2017, by Officers of Nkpolu Police Division Mile 3, Diobu, paraded at the Police Headquarters Moscow Road same day where he told Newsmen that he was not guilty of the offence.

According to him, the suspects who were arrested alongside his son also testified before the Police that his late son was not involved in the case, but the then Commissioner of Police transfered them to SARS office Rukpokwu.

He told the panel that his son got to SARS office around 6pm same day , and at about 3am the following morning, his son was confirmed dead due to excessive torture, as his head was hung upside down, shovel and cutlass used on him by SARS Officers and his remains deposited at UPTH Mortuary by Inspector Chinedu.


Also, one Chinasa Ukenna have demanded justice and compensation for his late Elder brother Cosmos Ukenna an auto-mechanic who was arrested on  November 10, 2016, by Sergeant Musa an Officer attached to Okporo Police Division, while working on a customer's vehicle.


Mr Ukenna said his brother was later taking to SARS office Rukpokwu were he was tortured to death.


Our Correspondent reports that the panel struck out five petitions for lack of diligence prosecution on the petitioners and lack of jurisdiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Person: Rivers State Police Command declares Miss Joy Woke Wiro

 By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  The Rivers State Police Command has declared Miss Joy Woke Wiro missing. A  statement by the Spokesperson for the Rivers state Police command,SP Grace Iringe-Koko disclosed that she is 17 year old,a native of Ibaa in Emohua Local Government Area of the State,fair in complexion and about 5ft tall, speaks English and Ikwerre languages. SP Koko said the missing girl left home on Monday, September 8th,2025. All efforts made to trace her whereabout proved abortive. The statement urged anybody with useful information as to her whereabout to contact Mr. Prince Wiro(Father) on 08065227445, 08167338058 or Police control number on 08032003514 or report to the nearest Police station.

Minaibim Harry Emerges As National Rescue Movement Governorship Candidate

By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  As political parties gear towards meeting the Independent National Electoral Commission's deadline of submitting party's candidates, The National Rescue Movement, NRM has on Wednesday 27th, May 2026 declared Reverend Minaibim Harry as its Governorship Candidate for the 2027 election.  Reverend Harry who emerged through consensus will fly the party's flag  in the 2027 Governorship election in Rivers State. In his declaration, Chairman of the electoral committee who is the National Deputy Chairman of the party, South South, Dr. Lucky Ekeji, said the Governorship candidate was carefully selected among others. Speaking to Newsmen at the sideline of the event, the NRM Governorship candidate, Reverend Harry said his emergence is timely, considering the political situation in Rivers State. " I know that everybody have been talking about peace, but I'll bring peace on another level. I'll bring security to the state, I'll bring employment...

Ghost Lawyer Defends Client in Port Harcourt Court

  A magistrate court sitting in Port Harcourt was thrown into confusion today Thursday, the 12th of March, 2026 when it noticed that a lawyer who had died since last year, 2025 December appeared before it on Tuesday the 10th of February, 2026 to conduct his matter. When the matter was called for hearing, and the lawyer was not present, the court on inquiry was informed by the litigant that his lawyer died since last year December 2025. The court, presided over by Senior Magistrate Kingsley Briggs became confused and had to search through his record book, where he confirmed the lawyer’s presence during proceeding on Tuesday the 10th day of February, 2026. The Senior Magistrate informed the litigant on how the court had wanted to issue a bench warrant against him if not for the intervention of his lawyer who pleaded that he the litigant was sick and needed medical attention. Senior Magistrate Briggs also narrated how based on the plea of ill health by the lawyer, the court did not is...