Skip to main content

Alledged Killers of Chima Ikwunado Pleaded not Guilty to the Charges

The trial case of four dismissed officers from the Eagle Crack squad of Mile One Police Station accused for the  murder of an auto mechanic, Late Chima Ikwunado and tortured  four other  have stalled at the High court sitting in Port Harcourt.

The case which was officially taken over by the Rivers State Government was stalled due to the defense counsel opposing the continuation of the case since the proof of evidence of service was not cleared and all documents needed as evidence were not found in the originating summon.


Our Correspondent  reports that the four accused persons Ayogu Fidelis, Eke Chibuzor, Egbunefu Felix and Rose Georgewill  pleaded not guilty to five counts of murder, torture, conspiracy and unlawful infliction of injuries.


The trail Judge, Justice Florence  Fiberesima  in her ruling, ordered the Prosecution counsel to make available all the necessary material it would rely upon in the matter to the Defence counsels before the next adjourned date and ordered that the suspects be remanded at Special Anti-Robbery Squad and  adjourned to the 20th of October, 2020 for trail of the matter.

Speaking to Journalists outside the courtroom, Counsel to the 1st and 4th defendant,  David Abuo and counsel to the 3rd defendant Allen Nwakanma explained that they did not allow the trail to go on due to their demand for evidences and clear copy of prove of service.


On his part, the Prosecution Counsel, Chidi  Ekeh,promised to make available all the required material to the Defence counsels as directed by the court.




Comments

  1. The Justice system in Nigeria is so bureaucratic and time wasting. If cares are not taken, this case won't hold water....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall see the end of this matter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Person: Rivers State Police Command declares Miss Joy Woke Wiro

 By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  The Rivers State Police Command has declared Miss Joy Woke Wiro missing. A  statement by the Spokesperson for the Rivers state Police command,SP Grace Iringe-Koko disclosed that she is 17 year old,a native of Ibaa in Emohua Local Government Area of the State,fair in complexion and about 5ft tall, speaks English and Ikwerre languages. SP Koko said the missing girl left home on Monday, September 8th,2025. All efforts made to trace her whereabout proved abortive. The statement urged anybody with useful information as to her whereabout to contact Mr. Prince Wiro(Father) on 08065227445, 08167338058 or Police control number on 08032003514 or report to the nearest Police station.

Minaibim Harry Emerges As National Rescue Movement Governorship Candidate

By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  As political parties gear towards meeting the Independent National Electoral Commission's deadline of submitting party's candidates, The National Rescue Movement, NRM has on Wednesday 27th, May 2026 declared Reverend Minaibim Harry as its Governorship Candidate for the 2027 election.  Reverend Harry who emerged through consensus will fly the party's flag  in the 2027 Governorship election in Rivers State. In his declaration, Chairman of the electoral committee who is the National Deputy Chairman of the party, South South, Dr. Lucky Ekeji, said the Governorship candidate was carefully selected among others. Speaking to Newsmen at the sideline of the event, the NRM Governorship candidate, Reverend Harry said his emergence is timely, considering the political situation in Rivers State. " I know that everybody have been talking about peace, but I'll bring peace on another level. I'll bring security to the state, I'll bring employment...

Ghost Lawyer Defends Client in Port Harcourt Court

  A magistrate court sitting in Port Harcourt was thrown into confusion today Thursday, the 12th of March, 2026 when it noticed that a lawyer who had died since last year, 2025 December appeared before it on Tuesday the 10th of February, 2026 to conduct his matter. When the matter was called for hearing, and the lawyer was not present, the court on inquiry was informed by the litigant that his lawyer died since last year December 2025. The court, presided over by Senior Magistrate Kingsley Briggs became confused and had to search through his record book, where he confirmed the lawyer’s presence during proceeding on Tuesday the 10th day of February, 2026. The Senior Magistrate informed the litigant on how the court had wanted to issue a bench warrant against him if not for the intervention of his lawyer who pleaded that he the litigant was sick and needed medical attention. Senior Magistrate Briggs also narrated how based on the plea of ill health by the lawyer, the court did not is...