Skip to main content

7 Police Officers Killed In Rivers By Unknown Gunmen, 5 Riffle Missing


 Rivers State Police Command has confirmed last night's  series of attacks on Policemen and vehicles by unknown gunmen in the state.



In a statement by the police public relations officer Nnamdi Omoni, the incident which led to the death of seven Policemen occurred at  the special check point at Choba bridge where two Policemen on duty were killed and  a private car belonging to one of the Policemen was set ablaze.

A similar attack was launched at Rumuji Police Station by the same hoodlums who killed two Policemen on duty and burnt a Police patrol vehicle, however in  the course of  exchange of fire, two of the attackers  died on the spot. 

The third attack at Elimgbu Police Station was equally resisted by the Police, though three officers were killed, while the attackers  escaped with gunshot wounds in a snatched Sienna bus.

In the meantime, the corpses of the fallen heroes have been evacuated and deposited in the mortuary, while the Commissioner of Police, Eboka Friday, who led members of his management team and tactical Commanders to the respective scenes this morning for an on-the-spot assessment, has launched a serious manhunt for the perpetrators  with a view to apprehending the culprits and bringing them to justice.  

The statement enjoined the Public to increase their security consciousness and report any person or persons with gunshot wounds to the nearest Police Station or call the following numbers: 
1. 08032003514
2. 08098880134

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Person: Rivers State Police Command declares Miss Joy Woke Wiro

 By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  The Rivers State Police Command has declared Miss Joy Woke Wiro missing. A  statement by the Spokesperson for the Rivers state Police command,SP Grace Iringe-Koko disclosed that she is 17 year old,a native of Ibaa in Emohua Local Government Area of the State,fair in complexion and about 5ft tall, speaks English and Ikwerre languages. SP Koko said the missing girl left home on Monday, September 8th,2025. All efforts made to trace her whereabout proved abortive. The statement urged anybody with useful information as to her whereabout to contact Mr. Prince Wiro(Father) on 08065227445, 08167338058 or Police control number on 08032003514 or report to the nearest Police station.

Minaibim Harry Emerges As National Rescue Movement Governorship Candidate

By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  As political parties gear towards meeting the Independent National Electoral Commission's deadline of submitting party's candidates, The National Rescue Movement, NRM has on Wednesday 27th, May 2026 declared Reverend Minaibim Harry as its Governorship Candidate for the 2027 election.  Reverend Harry who emerged through consensus will fly the party's flag  in the 2027 Governorship election in Rivers State. In his declaration, Chairman of the electoral committee who is the National Deputy Chairman of the party, South South, Dr. Lucky Ekeji, said the Governorship candidate was carefully selected among others. Speaking to Newsmen at the sideline of the event, the NRM Governorship candidate, Reverend Harry said his emergence is timely, considering the political situation in Rivers State. " I know that everybody have been talking about peace, but I'll bring peace on another level. I'll bring security to the state, I'll bring employment...

Ghost Lawyer Defends Client in Port Harcourt Court

  A magistrate court sitting in Port Harcourt was thrown into confusion today Thursday, the 12th of March, 2026 when it noticed that a lawyer who had died since last year, 2025 December appeared before it on Tuesday the 10th of February, 2026 to conduct his matter. When the matter was called for hearing, and the lawyer was not present, the court on inquiry was informed by the litigant that his lawyer died since last year December 2025. The court, presided over by Senior Magistrate Kingsley Briggs became confused and had to search through his record book, where he confirmed the lawyer’s presence during proceeding on Tuesday the 10th day of February, 2026. The Senior Magistrate informed the litigant on how the court had wanted to issue a bench warrant against him if not for the intervention of his lawyer who pleaded that he the litigant was sick and needed medical attention. Senior Magistrate Briggs also narrated how based on the plea of ill health by the lawyer, the court did not is...