Skip to main content

Wike Charges Commission To Complete Promotion, Employment Exercise In One Month

 


 
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has sworn-in members of the State Civil Service Commission and charged them to commence the promotion of civil servants across all levels immediately.
 
Governor Wike, who also mandated them to set up the machinery for the employment of the ten thousand Rivers youths into the State Civil Service, said both exercises are not political and must be completed in the next one month.  
 
The commission, sworn-in at Government House, Port Harcourt on Monday has Sir. Clifford Ndu Walter as the chairman with Venerable Richard Okpara, Barr. Osima Gina, Sir. John Pascal Nali and Chief Mike Elechi as members.
 
Governor Wike warned them against using their offices to witch hunt anybody, but should make sure that they do a thorough work.
 
The governor explained that when the new  Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) leadership in the State paid him a courtesy visit last week at the Government House,  he disclosed to them that the former NLC leadership was  hostile towards the State, and made meaningful discussion almost impossible.
 
"Leadership can bring about progress. Leadership can bring about setback. Unfortunately, the then leadership of Labour was very hostile to the government and so we felt that we have to tarry for a while.  Now that we have a leadership that is willing to work with government, those problems are now a thing of the past. 
 
"So, you are to immediately start the promotion of our civil servants and compute the financial implications of that promotion, all levels of civil servants, no one should be discriminated against."
 
On the employment of the ten thousand Rivers youths into the civil service, governor Wike told the commission to open up the process to allow more applicants to apply. 
 
He also reminded the commission to take cognizance of the fact that some persons had applied earlier when the government called for applications.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Person: Rivers State Police Command declares Miss Joy Woke Wiro

 By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  The Rivers State Police Command has declared Miss Joy Woke Wiro missing. A  statement by the Spokesperson for the Rivers state Police command,SP Grace Iringe-Koko disclosed that she is 17 year old,a native of Ibaa in Emohua Local Government Area of the State,fair in complexion and about 5ft tall, speaks English and Ikwerre languages. SP Koko said the missing girl left home on Monday, September 8th,2025. All efforts made to trace her whereabout proved abortive. The statement urged anybody with useful information as to her whereabout to contact Mr. Prince Wiro(Father) on 08065227445, 08167338058 or Police control number on 08032003514 or report to the nearest Police station.

Minaibim Harry Emerges As National Rescue Movement Governorship Candidate

By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  As political parties gear towards meeting the Independent National Electoral Commission's deadline of submitting party's candidates, The National Rescue Movement, NRM has on Wednesday 27th, May 2026 declared Reverend Minaibim Harry as its Governorship Candidate for the 2027 election.  Reverend Harry who emerged through consensus will fly the party's flag  in the 2027 Governorship election in Rivers State. In his declaration, Chairman of the electoral committee who is the National Deputy Chairman of the party, South South, Dr. Lucky Ekeji, said the Governorship candidate was carefully selected among others. Speaking to Newsmen at the sideline of the event, the NRM Governorship candidate, Reverend Harry said his emergence is timely, considering the political situation in Rivers State. " I know that everybody have been talking about peace, but I'll bring peace on another level. I'll bring security to the state, I'll bring employment...

Ghost Lawyer Defends Client in Port Harcourt Court

  A magistrate court sitting in Port Harcourt was thrown into confusion today Thursday, the 12th of March, 2026 when it noticed that a lawyer who had died since last year, 2025 December appeared before it on Tuesday the 10th of February, 2026 to conduct his matter. When the matter was called for hearing, and the lawyer was not present, the court on inquiry was informed by the litigant that his lawyer died since last year December 2025. The court, presided over by Senior Magistrate Kingsley Briggs became confused and had to search through his record book, where he confirmed the lawyer’s presence during proceeding on Tuesday the 10th day of February, 2026. The Senior Magistrate informed the litigant on how the court had wanted to issue a bench warrant against him if not for the intervention of his lawyer who pleaded that he the litigant was sick and needed medical attention. Senior Magistrate Briggs also narrated how based on the plea of ill health by the lawyer, the court did not is...