Skip to main content

Suspected Fraudsters Arrested For Burying New Born Baby Alive In Port Harcourt

  




 PHALGA Security in conjunction with Rivers State Neighbourhood Watch and Azikiwe Police Division have arrested about twelve Internet Fraudsters who allegedly buried a new born baby alive at Andoni waterfront in Eagle Island,Port Harcourt on Wednesday, 23rd,August,2023.


  Chairman of the security watch who doubles as the Chief Security Officer of Eagle Island Mr. Victor Ohaji in an interview with our Correspondent said he got intelligence that some 'yahoo yahoo' boys were doing incantation at the waterfront.

Mr. Ohaji said he mobilized with his men and on getting to the waterfront,the 'yahoo'  boys have left, on close observation,it was discovered that the suspected 'yahoo' boys buried something at the waterfront.


The Chief Security Officer explained that on digging the ground, a new born baby boy was exhumed from the place and  had already died as at the time he was exhumed.

Mr. Ohaji explained that he alerted the Rivers State Neighbourhood and the Station Officer of the Police post at Eagle Island who informed the DIvisional Police Officer(DPO) of Azikiwe Police Division.

He stated that they swift into action in search of the suspects.

While combing Eagle Island,the suspects who were coming out from one  hotel saw them and ran in different directions and the joint security force were able to apprehend good numbers of them who were taken to Azikiwe Police Division,Mile 2 Diobu.


Mr. Ohaji called on the Rivers State Government to assist them with logistics like operational vehicles for efficiency.

Meanwhile ,a Human Rights Advocate,Prince Wiro has condemned burying alive of a new born baby by suspected Fraudsters.


Mr Wiro who is also the National Coordinator of Centre for Basic Rights Protection and Accountability Campaign described the incident as man's inhumanity to man.

The Rights Advocate while commending the security operatives for the achievement called on the Police to spread their investigation to arrest fleeing suspects and ensure justice is done on the matter.


We gathered that the suspects have been transferred to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department Port Harcourt as at press time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Person: Rivers State Police Command declares Miss Joy Woke Wiro

 By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  The Rivers State Police Command has declared Miss Joy Woke Wiro missing. A  statement by the Spokesperson for the Rivers state Police command,SP Grace Iringe-Koko disclosed that she is 17 year old,a native of Ibaa in Emohua Local Government Area of the State,fair in complexion and about 5ft tall, speaks English and Ikwerre languages. SP Koko said the missing girl left home on Monday, September 8th,2025. All efforts made to trace her whereabout proved abortive. The statement urged anybody with useful information as to her whereabout to contact Mr. Prince Wiro(Father) on 08065227445, 08167338058 or Police control number on 08032003514 or report to the nearest Police station.

Minaibim Harry Emerges As National Rescue Movement Governorship Candidate

By: Awajis Josiah-Chijindu  As political parties gear towards meeting the Independent National Electoral Commission's deadline of submitting party's candidates, The National Rescue Movement, NRM has on Wednesday 27th, May 2026 declared Reverend Minaibim Harry as its Governorship Candidate for the 2027 election.  Reverend Harry who emerged through consensus will fly the party's flag  in the 2027 Governorship election in Rivers State. In his declaration, Chairman of the electoral committee who is the National Deputy Chairman of the party, South South, Dr. Lucky Ekeji, said the Governorship candidate was carefully selected among others. Speaking to Newsmen at the sideline of the event, the NRM Governorship candidate, Reverend Harry said his emergence is timely, considering the political situation in Rivers State. " I know that everybody have been talking about peace, but I'll bring peace on another level. I'll bring security to the state, I'll bring employment...

Ghost Lawyer Defends Client in Port Harcourt Court

  A magistrate court sitting in Port Harcourt was thrown into confusion today Thursday, the 12th of March, 2026 when it noticed that a lawyer who had died since last year, 2025 December appeared before it on Tuesday the 10th of February, 2026 to conduct his matter. When the matter was called for hearing, and the lawyer was not present, the court on inquiry was informed by the litigant that his lawyer died since last year December 2025. The court, presided over by Senior Magistrate Kingsley Briggs became confused and had to search through his record book, where he confirmed the lawyer’s presence during proceeding on Tuesday the 10th day of February, 2026. The Senior Magistrate informed the litigant on how the court had wanted to issue a bench warrant against him if not for the intervention of his lawyer who pleaded that he the litigant was sick and needed medical attention. Senior Magistrate Briggs also narrated how based on the plea of ill health by the lawyer, the court did not is...