It was an emotional moment for the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Olatunji Rilwan Disu, as he visited the Ago-Iwoye Police Division in Ogun State, where he served as a Divisional Police Officer for the first time in his career.
IGP Disu, who visited the division as part of his engagement with the Ogun State Police Command, took a tour of the station and recalled his experiences during his time as a DPO in the community.
Speaking during the visit, the IGP described Ago-Iwoye Police Division as the place where he first tested his leadership abilities and learnt the responsibilities of serving as a DPO.
He said, “This is my first police station. This is where I learnt to be a DPO. This is the first time I was able to test my leadership ability. I remember when I was posted here, I had never been a DPO before.
“I am emotional being here. I have just gone round to see my room. I have entered the office and looked around, and I am going to go round the streets.
“I know there is an old woman in front of that police station there. She used to sell things. She reared goats, and the goats always came into our station then. And I remember Papa Alahaji. Alahaji was very old.”
The IGP also used the opportunity to reflect on the importance of leaving a positive legacy wherever one works, urging police officers and other professionals to always give their best.
Disu said, “I always say it to everybody, not only police officers: where you work, do well. And the question is, can you go back to where you have worked before?”

Comments
Post a Comment